Thursday, February 7, 2008

Poems

Love words. Love poetic expression. (Although my mother would remind me, one cannot love inanimate objects or abstract ideas. Oh well -- she is also the person who with disgust, corrected me for using the word 'fun' too much... but that is for another blogrant.) Began writing poems at the age of 12 -- really bad ones. Continued through the years -- hopefully better ones. This one was written in April 2006 and posted on a poetry blog I'd started. Became friendly with some of the other poet bloggers. Then I noticed that one person had 'borrowed' some of my poetic expressions -- flattery or thievery? Not sure which, but bothersome. Finally came to the place where I learned to let go of my little wordchildren and fling them out there, regardless of the result.


Inblognito

fling and furl
words
out into the great
cyber abyss
capturing consciousness
describing destinations
finding feelings
poking at pasts
testing tomorrows
meandering through meanings
what do all these
rants
really represent
except
a way of writers
traveling
inblognito
known only
through the
random reactions
of resonating readers
who
ooo, aah, argue, exclaim --
new definition
of community
a bringing together
in this
falling apart world

No comments: