Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Politicians & Promises

Is anybody else tired of the constant stream of rhetoric, unsolicited political emails, biased news articles, and attack-mode advertisements?

The pitch of politicians has inspired me to make a few promises of my own. From now on:
  • I promise to delete unread, any political email sent to me by any political party or candidate on any political topic.
  • I promise to recycle unread, any political articles and ads in the newspaper and in magazines.
  • I promise to change the channel when any political pitch hits the airwaves in my car.
  • I promise to mute the sound when a political advertisement is broadcast on television.
In short, I want all the character-slamming innuendo that is being called a presidential campaign out of my sight, out of my hearing and out of my thinking -- because the negativity is driving me out of my mind.

If there is a candidate that would simply stand up and say, "this is who I am, this is what I believe, this is what I will do..." I would vote for that person.

Or wait a minute -- maybe not. Because maybe that is what they are doing already. Maybe who they are, what they believe and what they will do is exactly what they are already saying and doing.

A sad discovery!

No comments: